The yoga taught is not another ‘style’ of yoga but has roots based on a system of classical Hatha-Raja Yoga, taught in a traditional style of Vinyasa flow, inspired by the teachings of Sri Dharma Mittra. A spiritual practice with a focus on the Eight Limbs of Yoga (Patanjalis Ashtanga Yoga) with great emphasis placed on Yama and Niyama. A spiritual practice that leads to good health, a clear mind and a kind heart.
The Bali 12 day residential intensive Level 1 course is RYT 200 hour certificate that is accredited with Yoga Alliance.
The course is composed of 3 parts – Parts A,B & C. Part A is pre residential course intensive correspondence preparation. Part B is 12 day intensive residential program and Part C correspondence component.
This intensive program is a total immersion in which more is demanded of you than ever before. We take you on a journey that will change the way you see yourself and the world forever. Rich in both ancient tradition and modern perspective, this is a full spectrum program for those ready to take the leap.
Concrete results and outcomes you will get from this training
- A powerful personal practice and deeper understanding of your body.
- Mastering physically and through teaching the Sadhana 1 vinyasa and Sadhana Gentle sequences.
- Physical and energetic alignment and benefits of yoga asana.
- Anatomy & Physiology of yoga, as well as the energetic of yoga.
- Alignment, sequencing, and hands on adjusts.
- The philosophy of yoga, and how to live yoga off your mat.
- Effective communication & presentation skills.
This yoga teacher training requires you to commit yourself 100%. This includes: being on time for all sessions, being coachable in the moment and being open to try on what is offered.
Daily you can expect two to three yoga practices, meditation, group discussions and partner work. Your tuition includes twin share accommodation and daily breakfast.
The schedule will be full and we recommend if you would like to sightsee, arrive prior to the start of the program or stay a few days after the program ends.
In order to gain certification, you must complete and submit all pre-training homework assignments, attend every session of the contact hours during the 12 day immersion program, complete all of the assignments given during the training, and complete and submit all supporting documents and assignments relating to the post course internship.
Required Reading List
- Key Muscles of Yoga Vol 1 by Ray Long
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: Alistair Shearer (pocket version)
- The Bhagavad Gita, by Swami Nikhilananda (pocket version)
- Yamas & Niyamas by Deborah Adele
Suggested Reading List
- Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda of the Bihar School of Yoga
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice by T K V Desikachar
- The Living Gita by Sri Swami Satchidananda
Modules will be comprised of the following:
- Asana (physical yoga practice)
- History & Philosophy of Yoga
- Teaching practice
- Anatomy & Physiology
Dates & Times
June 8th ~ 21st, 2018
7am ~ 7/8pm most days
Green Field Hotel, Ubud Bali, Indonesia
The shared on site accommodation at Green Field is only minutes from central Ubud, yet remains quiet and secluded. The hotels provided a free shuttle to the centre of Ubud at anytime (8am-10pm).
The comfortable Balinese accommodation is set in tropical gardens with statues, fountains and lotus ponds. In the lush grounds are 2 saltwater pools and lounge areas to relax in.
Tuition & Housing
Tuition includes 13 nights accommodation and daily breakfast. Your $500 non-refundable deposit will be applied to your tuition.
Single Room | AUD $4,500
A single room has a double bed, ensuite, private balcony and the spiritual splendor of Bali
Double Room | AUD $4,000
$3,500.00 RED HOT EARLY BIRD – PAID IN FULL BY MARCH 1ST, 2018
The double occupancy rooms have twin beds, ensuite, are spacious inside and have a patio/balcony for enjoying the outside
A $500 non-refundable deposit is due on acceptance to the course.
For cancellations more than 4 weeks prior course commencement, all fees will be refunded less the $500 non-refundable deposit.
For cancellations within 4 weeks of commencement date, a 50% cancellation fee applies.
For cancellations within 2 weeks of commencement dates, no refund will be given.
What to bring?
- Journal and pens
- Yoga mat + Yoga block + Yoga strap
- Refillable water bottle
- Plenty of yoga clothes
- Towels for sweaty asana practice
We require all participants to arrive on site by 4pm on the start date of the program, to settle in. Check in at the resort is 2pm onwards. At 5pm we hold our welcome circle. In order to maintain the integrity of the program and in order to uphold your commitment to show up 100% we cannot allow any late arrivals.
On the last day of your program there is an optional yoga class in the morning, as well as breakfast. Check out by midday.